Saturday, March 31, 2012

Insanely Easy Artisan Bread


Oh Em Gee, I made two loafs of the most phenomenal bread last weekend!
  


I came across this recipe on a wonderful blog named Simply So Good (via pinterest, of course. Check out her post, her photos are much better than mine!) To make things easy, I've included her recipe below. For my loaves I used rosemary in the first and sun-dried tomatoes/ garlic/Italian spices in the second. However, you can pretty much add whatever ingredients your little heart desires. The bread comes out crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside every single time
  
I'm not going to lie, part of me wanted to hoard the recipe all to myself so people think I am an amazing baker.

Insanely Easy Bread Recipe

Ingredients

3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cups water

Instructions
In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, and yeast.  Add water and mix until combined.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. I’ve let mine sit a bit longer than that and it hasn’t been affected.  Heat oven to 450 degrees.  When the oven has finished pre-heating, place a cast iron dutch oven (with a lid) in the oven and heat for 30 minutes.  Pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. This dough is going to be very sticky! Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.  Remove the heated cast iron dutch oven and drop in the dough.  You do not need to oil or grease your cooking pot. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.  Remove bread from oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.

This stuff beats the pants off of  anything you'll find in the 'artisan bread' section of your local market. Take my word for it and go make some right now! No need to thank me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooooove comments - please leave me one if you like!