Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Big 6-0 in Chicago

Eric and I traveled to Chicago for a nice long weekend to help my dad bid adieu to his 50’s.  Of course, there were the obligatory “old man” jokes and philosophical discussions about getting older. However, despite his newfound Senior status (HA!), the man can still party me under a table. Case in point:


In all seriousness, it was absolutely wonderful getting to spend time with my Dad & Vicki, my sis Hill & her man Casey, and my godparents Dan & Carol. Since E and my families are spread across the USA,  we really try to stop to savor the moments we have together.

When we weren’t indulging in the outstanding food Chicago has to offer we spent our time goofing around at Top Golf,




Wandering along the gorgeous lakefront,



Checking out the Lincoln Park Zoo (which is FREE to the public – thank you Chicago!),




And exploring the phenomenal Shedd Aquarium (which we got into for FREE courtesy of my husband’s employment with Bank of America - thank you BOA!).








Man, I wish we could do this more often!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooooove comments - please leave me one if you like!