Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, & Blue

I LOVE Montana. Period. End of story. There is something about the mountains that I am drawn to.  I mean, how can you not be captivated by scenery like this?


E & I had the pleasure of spending our 4th of July holiday with my mom in Missoula, MT.  As always, the trip went by WAY too quickly. It certainly was a jam packed three days, but I don’t think we could have had more fun if we tried.  I was looking forward to whitewater rafting, and it certainly did not disappoint (action photos to come). We had such a blast! We were lucky enough to spend the day with three of mom’s lovely friends: Carol, Julie, and Anne. About mid-way through our trip, we stopped on the riverbank where our delightful guides cooked us a wonderful dinner. What a treat!



Mom also hooked us up with a fabulous fly fishing lesson. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive at first but this ended up being one of the highlights of the trip for me. I loved the focused technique which can take on an almost meditative quality. Surprisingly, it’s something that I would be interested in trying again (which I’m sure Eric is thrilled about).




Last but not least, our daily hikes were spectacular! I’m 100% enamored with the sheer beauty of the mountains, the faint pine scent when you enter the forest, and the genuinely friendly people you meet along the trails.  



Thank you so much, mom, for a memorable holiday! Now all I need is help convincing E that we need to move somewhere similar to this. I can learn to drive in the snow again…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooooove comments - please leave me one if you like!